UroActive HL oral vials provide an effective combination of plants and nutrients that help in managing and preventing urinary tract infections (UTI). Each ingredient has a specific mechanism of action:
- Stinging nettle works by increasing the urine volume, which helps to flush out bacteria and ameliorate UTI symptoms.
- Birch leaves decrease bacterial adherence to the urinary tract and increase urine production.
- Heather, horsetail, and bearberry have been traditionally used as antimicrobial agents against UTIs.
- Billberry and cranberry respectively contain anthocyanidins and proanthocyanidins, which inhibit the adhesion of pathogens to the uroepithelium, preventing colonization and subsequent infection.
- D-mannose is a glucose derivative with suggested efficacy in preventing recurrent UTIs in adult women comparable to antibiotics.
- Vitamin B6 strengthens the immune system, helping the body fight infections in the urinary tract.
In addition, UroActive HL can be used to help expel kidney stones due to its diuretic properties.